Search this blog

30 October 2018

Art Jar: Rhythms

Week nine of  Art Jar Self - Edition
had prompts & inspiration from Eliza about
rhythms.


The postcard image is from Cloth Paper Scissors.

There are Tim Holtz Paper Dolls
& design tape,
blue gingham ribbon
& a word definition,
torn from an old dictionary.


There is a quotation from BKS Iyengar.

A round tag & a quote by Stanley Horowitz
from Hot Off The Press.


Under the flower image from The Graphics Fairy,
are a few thoughts about this week's prompt.


My rhythms
need to be ordered.

My brain cannot

process chaos,
whether visual

or audio.

My rhythms

need to be calm,
not jarring

My rhythms need to be

elegantly balanced,
like a trained ballerina.

My rhythms need to

have meaning,
reason & purpose.



I used DecoArt Americana acrylic paint
(Blue Neon)
mixed with Daler-Rowney Gesso Primer
(White)
splashes of Distress Ink
(broken china)
for the background.

Then Faber-Castell Watercolour pencils
around the edges.