Search this blog

12 September 2017

She was Independent


The fifth challenge for #ITAC2017 was to create a piece of artwork,
using whatever format or techniques we wanted,
taking inspiration from America
& to include one or more of the following;

Shades of green
Something transparent or sharp, like ice
A large format feature, XXL size
An element suggestive of money and currency
One or more elements inspired by music and/or Samba
Decorations made of feathers, metal, leather…
Throughout this tournament
I am working in a small handmade paper book.


My piece is entitled

Independent


I used differing elements from Tim Holtz
to bring cohesion to my page.

There are shades of green in the map,
the birds & the decorative patterned paper.

The metal embellishment
has an image of a United States Postal Money Order,
which is also green.


The red star is transparent & has sharp points.


There are also feathers (on the birds).

The images of car license plates is to echo the red, white & blue of the flag.

I added some text from an old book
& printed my title word.

There is one final challenge yet to be announced.