Search this blog

30 August 2017

Grounded


The third challenge for #ITAC2017 was to create a piece of artwork,
using whatever format or techniques we wanted,
taking inspiration from Oceania
& to include one or more of the following;

Patterns inspired by traditional symbols
Either monochromatic black and white or colours of the Earth.
Some sort of organic or natural material
Shapes inspired by traditional or indigenous art
​
Throughout this tournament
I am working in a small handmade paper book.


I decided to go for the earth tones,
& natural wood,
using a piece of dry bark found on my walk.

I always feel grounded when near nature,
listening to the birds singing,
the bees humming
& watching dragonflies dance around.

The place where I feel at peace most
is standing in the middle of my garden,
surrounded by trees & wildlife.

My piece is entitled

Grounded


The background is a paper collage,
using images found in a magazine.


 The bark has amazing textures
so I left it as I found it
& wrapped a length of brown paper covered wire around one end.

It gave me the perfect place to rest my shoes.