Search this blog

31 March 2017

Wanderlust Layers & Textures

Kasia's lesson for Week 9 of Wanderlust
was about making your own marks on differing surfaces & layering.


I chose a white fabric base for this page,
so I concentrated on the marks & layers rather than the background.

I used Dina Wakley Media acrylic paint (Lemon & Ruby) for my "leaf" shapes.

The paints worked well on the fabric


I used one of my silicone tools instead of a paint brush.


I created the same pattern on white tissue paper.

The tissue paper has an almost waxy feel, which is quite interesting.


Then the same on old book paper.


Once dry I added Distress Crayon (mustard seed & spiced marmalade).


Detail added with a white chinagraph pencil
& Stabilo All black pencil.

I went over the black pencil lines with a waterbrush
& I like how it bled out on the fabric,
creating a shadowy grey.

Not as many layers or as much detail as Kasia's page,
but I think I will leave this one as it is.

I can always cut this one up into pieces to use elsewhere ...
or buy some embroidery threads to add some stitching ...