Search this blog

25 January 2017

Bring me Flowers

Inspiration for week 3 of Wanderlust was brought to us by Wilna Furstenberg.

Wilna's inspiration for her art journal pages,
was taken from flowers
& the repetition of a theme.

My interpretation is below.


I have used a watercolour page from my art journal,
as the base for my piece this week.

I divided the page into three,
then added acrylic paints (Orchid & Rose).


Stencilled over with white gesso.

Then I added some flowers cut from an old magazine
& coated them in clear gesso.


I made some more washi tape from Kasia's collage sheet
& added torn paper from the rest,
with a reminder cut from an old novel.


From this piece I will remember the essence of Wilna's lesson,
without having copied her example or her style.

For now that is enough.