Search this blog

03 August 2016

Art Journal Week 30

This is my art journal page for Week 30.


I followed the prompt on Colour Me Positive (CMP), which was Creativity.

Creative Wisdom
This was my Creative Wisdom quote from the Royal Academy of Art project last year.

"As an organisation led by living artists,
we've been collecting their "rules" for making art,
and sharing them to encourage creativity."


The Artist Trading Card was made for The Craft Barn Alpha Challenge.

You can read more about it here.


To create the background, I coated the page in white gesso,
then added a layer of Americana multi-surface
Neon acrylic paint by DecoArt (blue).

Once dried, I applied more white gesso
through a Dylusions stencil (Honeycomb Small),
using a Tim Holtz Mini Blending Tool.

I drew the grid with my Uni-ball Signo white pigment ink pen,
then used it to outline some of the hexagon shapes.

The patterned paper used for the two hexagons was from BGU.


Here are weeks 29 & 30 side by side.