Search this blog

18 July 2015

ICAD Week 7

ICAD  is the Index Card A Day creative challenge,
which runs for two months from 1st June,
however this is my last week.

I am rounding off my series with thought-provoking quotations to inspire.

My index cards are 3" by 5"

Day 31


Day 32


Day 33


Day 34


Day 35


I have used a white pigment ink Signo pen by Uni-ball,
Tim Holtz Pocket Cards & Tissue Tape,
fabric tape & a Whispers Strokes Pen (Red),
images by Jessica Sprague,
dymo tape & a thread of Hessian,
small manila envelope,
a butterfly from Dover,
page torn from on old English dictionary,
old map illustration from a 1928 edition of Philips' New Pocket Atlas of the World
& gift wrap paper by Cavallini Papers & Co Inc,

Finally one last card, as this is all that remains of my used sheet of wrapping paper.

Day 36

This whole series was inspired by the wonderfully designed gift wrap paper from Cavallini,
which was chosen by my sister to wrap a gift to me several years ago.

I carefully unwrapped the gift to avoid damaging the paper as best I could.



At the time, I didn't know what project I would use it for,
I just knew that I needed to keep it for something special.

So just a few weeks ago,
when I was thinking about joining in with the ICAD challenge,
I looked at the used, torn & wrinkled paper
& just knew this was the right moment to use it.



Many thanks to my sister & to Cavallini.

This is all that is left.