Search this blog

28 February 2015

Sew good


Time for a little sewing, both by machine & by hand.

I used

Sew this page



I did an inkjet image transfer onto adhesive backed canvas, using matt gel medium.


The image of the girl sewing embroidery is from the Graphics Fairy.


I hand stitched the canvas onto a piece of cotton backing using red thread.


The fabric was then added to the page over the background image.

Leftover thread was wound around the reel

For my next page I used

Wrap something with this page

&

Hide a secret message somewhere in this book


I folded the first page, stitching around three sides to create a pocket,
which was then adhered to the second page.

Stitched Pocket


I decorated a tag with offcuts of Scissor Sisters patterned paper (no longer available),
a copy of the photograph I used earlier in the journal
& a butterfly that was laying around.

Front of Tag
Back of Tag
The secret is now hidden on the back of the tag, which is tucked safely in the pocket.


No comments:

Post a Comment