Search this blog

12 April 2013

2013 Journal Update

Time to catch up with my 2013 journal, in which I take time to reflect each week
& document a memory of a new experience, a new place I visited,
a new recipe (whether successful or not)
& recording those surprises that delight along the way.

So a quick update on my February pages,
starting with the finished spread for early February,
when I visited an art exhibition & joined a walking group.


The small copies of the instant camera style photographs are taken from my photography blog.

Then we celebrated Valentines Day & made Carrot Muffins.


I have started to reinforce some of the pages with tape,
using Nostalgic tissue tape by Tim Holtz from the idea-ology range,
which combines function with beauty.
I resisted buying his tape for so long
& finally gave in when I saw this set which was perfect for this project.
And I love it.

Then I had the lovely surprise of an envelope arriving from
Buckingham Palace
& attended a First Aid course.
The little pocket contains a copy of the Certificate,
which adds an interactive element to this page.




March started with a visit to a new coffee shop ...



& Banoffee Cupcakes, then we celebrated Mothers Day.



The recipe tag is held in place by a band of grosgrain ribbon.

The picture below shows the reverse side of the tag



I attended an art class with Andy Skinner
learning how to get the best out of the Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate,
which was great fun getting messy with paints.



A trip to somewhere new came next.



You can call it a memory keeper or a scrapbook,
as it does contain little pieces (scraps) collected,
you could call it an art journal,
as I am using it to try out new ideas or record new techniques learnt,
but I just call it
my journal.