Search this blog

17 November 2010

Winter Snowflakes

My project this week is inspired by the beauty of snowflakes.


I took an old cd, covered it both sides in paper by Two Peas in a Bucket, then decoupaged a mandala image from Dover into seven separate layers.


I used Silver Stickles, Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles & a clear stardust Sakura pen to add icy twinkly highlights & finished with clear gems.


I punched a hole through the top, using a Crop-a-dile & threaded through organza ribbon to make a loop, so it can hang near my craft desk this Winter.


6 comments:

  1. WOW! 7 layers - they really make this flake 'pop'! Such a pretty colour choice, this will be lovely to look at over the coming weeks and months.

    You seem to have an inexhaustible supply of cd's!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo ... I'm actually using unwanted dvd's that come free with Newspapers. I get a regular supply of rejects from the in-laws.

    Don't ask me why I always call them cd's ... just showing my age I suppose :o)


    daisy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Daisy this is superb ! So pretty & the colour scheme gorgeous.

    ( I still call DVDs Videos !! )

    Do you know Heavens to Betsy Blog ? Penny has been altering coasters with stunning results. She's on my blog list xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous daisy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so clever! A snowflake from a CD! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete