Search this blog

29 October 2010

Home Sweet Home

The word prompt this week for the inchie challenge over on Inchy by Inch is Home.


To make my inchie, I started with a mountboard base 1 inch by 1 inch square. To this I adhered paper from an old dictionary, yes you've guessed it, on the definition of the word home.

I stamped a clear acrylic stamp image of a bird's nest by Anna Griffin on white tissue paper, using Archival Ink (Jet Black). I adhered the stamped image over the dictionary paper, using Matte Multi-Medium.

The image of the blackbird is from The Vintage Moth.


The inchie was then mounted on Papermania backing paper, using 3d foam & the wording added.

9 comments:

  1. this is so pretty. I love the bird stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another adorable inchie - I particularly like this one with the bird.
    Thanks for your comment, the umbrellas were on an old umbrella makers & shop building on the left hand side of the Ramblas ( if you are walking down with the port at the bottom ) about a third of the way down. Our hotel was off a road on the opposte side of the Ramblas so it was our landmark !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Daisy - I love this series you are doing. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! I love the bird's tail sweeping off the side of the inchie, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your inchie looks fabulous as a card topper Daisy, and that tiny blackbird must have been so difficult to cut out :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet comments, thank you. The bird is very small & I had to wear strong reading glasses to help me cut it out without incident! I had to cheat around it's slender legs though LOL

    Penny: Thanks for the details. I did stroll up Las Ramblas, but missed this building. Maybe a good excuse to go back for another visit?

    Have a good weekend everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely inchie daisy, I love the bird's nest idea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet home inchy daisy - love the nest stamp and the bird's tail overhanging.

    x

    ReplyDelete