Search this blog

11 October 2010

Doing things differently

The crusade last month for the GPP Street Team was to create a journal page background using a credit card to apply paints.


I used Eco Green Crafts acrylic paints (Black, Pure Silver, White & Rose).


This month's crusade "Back to Back" is to create two copies of the background & work with them in different ways.

To do this, I scanned the painted background & printed two copies on to watercolour paper.


To create the first, I went back to the previous month's challenge, Text.


To create an overlay, I scanned the original page & edited the image from a jpg to a png image (erasing the whites & grey from the background). I also reversed the image.

I took a piece of white A4 card & created a sticky border using a glue stick. I carefully adhered a piece of white tissue paper to the card, ensuring there were no wrinkles & that all the edges were stuck to the card.

Once dried, I printed out the png image on to the tissue paper & removed the white card backing.


I coated the printed page with matte multi-medium & placed the tissue paper, printed side down, on to the wet surface. I added a coat of matte multi-medium over the tissue paper. Once dried, I trimmed the edges. I outlined the THINK word in Sakura clear glitter Gelly Roll pen.


To create the second page, I stamped a butterfly image (also by Eco Green Crafts, from the Garden Chic set) using Archival Ink (Jet Black). I added colour to the butterflies by using a water brush & watercolour pencils. I added some printed text left over from the text background crusade.


I stamped the butterfly image twice more on a separate piece of white card & cut them out. I coloured one with pink watercolour pencil & coated the second with Distress Stickles (Clear Rock Candy). The butterflies were mounted using Pinflair Glue Gel to give dimension.


The pink butterfly formed the bottom layer with the monotone butterfly on top.

23 comments:

  1. WOW! Is all I can really say. You are the technique queen, thanks for explaining how you achieved these great effects. Brilliant!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy - oh my! You incorporated so many crusades in the post - awesome! Love your scraped page. Love that you figured out a way to overlay your text page onto the painting! Then the follow-up one with the butterfly. Wow! Terrific stuff!! And clever use of tissue. I am so impressed with all you have done. Way to catch up girl!!! THANKS for sharing all of this with the team!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of printing reversed on tissue paper and then gluing it face down. I might borrow that idea.

    Both pages came out nicely.
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the original color combo - very "frosty". Thanks for sharing about the tissue overlay....interesting effect. Very nice work!
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful !! And printing on tissuepaper, how cool is that ! I really need to give that a try, because I love working with tissuepaper ... Fantastic, thank you for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool, definitely so cool how things just turn out so differently with a tweak here or there. Love the word collage one, it's like designer paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! lots of techniques there! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your art, especially the butterfly page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The printing on tissue paper is brilliant - very clever. Your backgrounds looked great even before they were altered. The centre piece of the butterfly on the 2nd one really draws you in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh daisy, these are lovely. S xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your techniques - your pages look wonderful. Such a great idea to print onto tissue paper!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very cool. I want to try journal pages soon. Thanks for some great ideas too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow these look so affective - you are clever daisy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!! These are so cool! I love what you did with the butterfly. The overlay and printing on tissue paper knocked me out!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great layout - love the 3D butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  16. i like the 3d look - different. very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very clever pages and thank you for explaining how you did it all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow these are amazingly beautiful. I never knew what a .png file was. I need to investigate. All this time I've been magic-wanding away whites and grays in photoshop...!! This is why I love doing the Crusades, I keep finding cool people and learn something. Happy creations from germany, tj

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, these are exquisite! So many clever techniques and such a fabulour result. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous pages! Loved your descriptions of how they were created as well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Marvelous! I love the depth and texture and mystery that you created.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love it when people really describe their process; thanks so much. Love the butterflies, they really stand out from the page.

    ReplyDelete