Search this blog

06 August 2010

In the Frame

This week's project was to alter an old frame. This one, probably over ten years old, was a gift from a friend from their trip to Disneyland. Let's just say it was Eeyore & purple ... I think that's enough to give you an idea of what it was like!

It is four inches square with a photograph aperture 2 inch square, so it was perfect to house my Steampunk Twinchie.


I removed the glass & covered the frame, front & back, with papers designed by Brenda Walton from K & Company.

I used one of the hinges from the back to act as a tab to hold the twinchie in it's place.

I printed two copies of the moth (used in the twinchie) to create the dimensional moth, adding wire antenna.


The words are torn from one of the patterned papers with two epoxy stickers from the same kit.


I added a clock face from my hardware stash.


As with most of my projects, I like the reverse to look as good as the front.


And the sides!


I used double-sided tape, Glossy accents & a little Distress Ink (walnut stain).


10 comments:

  1. Love your altered frame!Perfect for your steampunk twinchie.
    The Dimensional moth is fab!

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your altered frame Daisy.... front, back and sides!!!

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is fab! The moth is wonderful and looks like it's just stopped by on the frame. Brilliant for the Twinchie, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful Daisy - love the moth

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely... even on the back ~ I Love it!! ~*~ beautiful site...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful Frame alteration ... it brings the viewer into the composition. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete