Search this blog

09 April 2009

When is a square not a square?

When it's a rectangle ... so here's the story ... I saw on Lesley's blog that the Funky Fairy challenge theme this week is Dare to be Square & she had made a lovely butterfly card ... I love butterflies in my artwork, so I started to look at what downloads I already had from the Fairy & found Blue Christmas ... now there's a surprise ...



I'm a blue girl at heart & the soft tones of the papers drew my attention ... the Fairy had designed a small box ... so, & here's the final link in the chain of inspiration, I decided to make a box using the lovely blue paper designs to store my leftover paper butterflies. I had to sadly abandon another butterfly project this week ... disasters do happen ... so I recycled some of the work to complete my new project & the abandoned butterflies now have a lovely new home, together with a few friends.


It uses the wonderful butterfly image from Dover (my eternal thanks go to LJ for the steering me in the right direction to find my favourite butterfly image).

So, that's all folks!

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful box daisy, I love butterflies too and I am glad yours have a little home now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yessss...what gorgeous work. Love those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i really love this - they all look so happy inside there :O) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful box Daisy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful box daisy. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super box, love the butterflies so pretty. Thanks for playing.
    Anesha :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Daisy

    What a beautiful box, the buttefly is so pretty.

    Thank you for joining in with the 'Winged Things' challenge this week over on FF and good luck.

    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful daisy! Thanks for joining in with the FF challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is just gorgeous :-) I love the box and the butterfly is just beautiful !!

    Thanks for joining the Funky fairy's Challenge :-)

    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous piece of work
    Thank you for taking part on FF
    Mandy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Daisy
    Gorgeous box...love the colour and butterfly.
    Thanks for joining us and good luck.
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  12. simply BEAUTIFUL..


    Thank you for joining in with the Funky Fairy's 'Winged Things' challenge this week, good luck

    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous little box, thanks for joining us this week on FF
    hugs
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on our FF win!

    ReplyDelete