Search this blog

28 January 2009

Va va voom

A birthday card for an Uncle,
so I went for the typical male theme of a car!

I know, but that's all I could think of.

The image is from those Crafty Computer Paper (now Homecrafts) people.

It was tweaked, in the typical daisy way.
The image was flipped, shrunk & colour altered to match the background card,
then printed out four times,
so that parts could be cut out to create the decoupage layers.


I added three pewter coloured eyelets & back mounted with a circle of red card,
so that the colour would show through the holes.
I decided to overlap the edge of the card as a twist to the norm.


The patterned card (found in the murky depths of my crafty stash)
was mounted on satin silver card.


The finishing touch was to add four clear crystals gems, for the car lights.