Search this blog

18 October 2008

Window to my Soul

The challenge theme on Creative Wednesday is Windows.


I took a 5x7 inch canvas & covered the surface with a thin layer of Distress Paint (antique linen). Once it had dried thoroughly & the cracks had appeared, I took a piece of Cut-N-Dry foam with black ink & rubbed over the surface, which highlighted the cracks.


I used a corner stamp by Crafty Individuals in the four corners, using Archival Ink (Jet Black).


The frame is a fabulous clip art image from Dover Publications & after much fine cut work, I mounted it over a piece of cream vellum. The image, or should I say, reflection is a Non Sequitur rubber stamp, again stamped with Archival Ink.


I must also mention that the frame & lettering were printed out onto papers from Shabby Princess.


The butterflies were lifted from a photograph that I took earlier this year, of a Speckled Wood butterfly as it was fluttering around my garden.

6 comments:

  1. Your work is superb! I am coming from pretty much a 100% digital art place and I am so impressed with the work of people like you who create in the real world so to speak. I'm learning thanks to you and others who are so generous with advice on the way to do things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your Soul!!
    Amazing piece of art and amazing patience for that tricky cutting!!
    ~xx Barb xx~

    ReplyDelete
  3. An absolutely beautiful piece of work Daisy ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete