Search this blog

15 October 2008

Sun Flower

The inchie challenge theme this week on Inchy by Inch is Sun.


I used my Sunflower clear stamp by Linda Luckin on shrink plastic with a touch of gold in the middle.

I stamped the image on to shrink plastic using Archival Ink (Jet Black) & cut the image out. The flower was coloured with pale Whispers pens, as the colour intensifies after it's shrunk using a heat gun.

The original image was approx. 6cm in diameter & became approx 2.5cm (in other words an inch). It also thickens as it shrinks, going from as thin as paper to being as thick as mountboard.

I added gold to the centre using my Krylon 18ct gold leafing pen. It was mounted onto a base of white mountboard covered with a scrap of Shabby Princess paper & edged with the Krylon pen.

13 comments:

  1. This is great! so is the plastic stuff pretty thin? not like the old shrinky dink stuff is it? I have never tried any of it...but it looks like it could be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab daisy oops i mean sunflower xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Daisy - I've never had much luck with shrink plastic. This sunflower looks so summery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vanessa I have edited my post to give more detail on the shrink plastic, but in essence it acts the same as the old shrinky dink stuff xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a wonderful idea Daisy to use the sunflower stamp! Your inchies are always so original.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous inchie!! The colour is just perfect ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sun inchie. Once again, I have let shrink plastic escape my mind. I should get it out and tape it to my table! One of these days I will try it out. It does no good to buy the goodies if I don't use them. You do so well at using the items on these little inchies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant inchie Daisy....love the colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is eye-poppingly delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely inchie, daisy. xxxx

    ReplyDelete