Search this blog

18 January 2008

make it Craft Show 2008

I went to the make it craft show yesterday. The “biggest craft show in the South” has moved to Farnborough this year.



With over 100 individual stands, there was plenty to explore; beautiful papers, delicate ribbons, colourful glitters and beads, precision tools, practical storage solutions and stamps galore.

There were inspiring sample greeting cards on display, accessible demonstrations and make and takes to join in.

The layout is easy to follow with plenty of space to manoeuvre and large refreshment areas.



The Create and Craft team from Ideal World were there with their club member’s lounge and demonstration area with seats and a large television screen, so everyone could see the detail clearly. Here are Nigel May, Audrey Sibert and Amanda Bateman talking to crafters before the next demonstration begins.

My favourite stands were Sugar and Spice, Clarity Stamps, and Clever Cut.

Two items grabbed my attention this year, Friendly Plastic and Encaustic Art. Neither of them are new crafting items or techniques, but they both stood out from the crowd this year.

I would have loved to have had the place to myself and gone round each stand in minute detail and absorbed more to share with you, alas I can only pass on the little I have.