Search this blog

31 December 2007

Review of the Year

Whilst the highlight of 2006 was receiving a Thank You letter from
Buckingham Palace, for the Birthday card I made Her Majesty the Queen,
the highlight of this year was meeting Tim Holtz and
watching him demonstrating his wonderful techniques for a few hours.
Very inspiring.


The low point was the loss of two friends from the crafting world.
The wonderful thing about who we all are and what we love to do,
apart from our memories, is that I have keepsakes from them both,
which will always hold a special place in my heart.


A few of my favourite things
As I am sure with most people, my favourites creations and techniques are those that have just been made or used. So for this review I have looked back over the whole year and tried to select a few of my favourite things.


Greeting Cards
A few of my favourite cards from this year.




Artist Trading Cards
These are 2½ by 3½ inches, either portrait or landscape. Those are the only rules. I have been making these for a couple of years now, although I have not made that many this year. These are my favourites.



Fat Book Pages
These are 4 inch by 4 inch square. Usually made from thick card or mountboard. They are decorated front and back. As you punch two holes down the left-hand side to make them into a book, this side should be left free from embellishments.



Inchies
These are 1 inch by 1 inch square. The basic rules are that each one must have an image and at least one word on it. Thereafter, there are no rules. I have loved making these this year. The size makes it a real challenge. Here are a few of my favourites.




Altered Art
There have been books made from old CD and cardboard drinks coasters, metal tin altered with alcohol inks, slide mailers and dominoes altered, but my favourites have been books made from leatherboard drinks coasters and a small chest made from match boxes.



What does 2008 hold?
I am determined to have a go at Scrapbooking.

To keep trying new techniques.

To continue to enjoy making my little works of art.