Search this blog

30 April 2020

Lift up your Eyes

Week 18 in my
Mellow Kraft
Journal
.


The journal prompt this week
from France Papillon was
Eyes Closed.


One Sunday night,
I happened to be awake
in the early hours
& needing some fresh air,
I stood by an open window.

The night sky was clear.

The stars were bright.


After a while
my eyes could see smaller stars
then I tracked a satellite in orbit,
then another.

At a time when my eyes
should have been firmly closed,
they were instead wide open.


As my eyes followed the satellite
across the vast sky,
I wanted to be free too,
but lockdown means there is
nowhere to escape to,
no exit.


I used a paper doll
by Tim Holtz,
patterned paper
from Glenda Waterworth,
a butterfly image
from the Graphics Fairy,
Life's Journey Ruler paper
from K & Company,
a label image from Joseph Cornell,
words cut from an old novel,
a Sakura Pigma Micron pen
& printed text.