Search this blog

28 November 2019

Preparing for Advent

Kasia Avery at Everything Art
is running another
Advent Calendar
event this December.


I made another journal to use for this project,
using up spare paper
from my 2019 journal,
a ledger by 7 Gypsies.

This journal is 3¾  x  5½ inches.

The cover uses copies of two of my pages
from last year's event.


Inside there is one signature
stitched with jute cord,
with seven pieces of paper,
which creates a journal with 28 pages.


I prepped the pages with
clear gesso by Liquitex.

Kasia suggests gathering
a few key supplies together,
keeping them neat, tidy
& readily accessible for each day.

I will be using Neocolor II watersoluble wax pastels
by Caran d'Ache in
Golden Ochre, Olive, Gold
White, Beige, Greyish Black
& Malachite Green.


I have also selected two design tapes
from Tim Holtz
(& one whose origin I have forgotten)


together
with a selection of his small paper dolls.


If you would like to join in,
registration closes on
5th December 2019.