Search this blog

29 November 2018

Preparing for Advent

Kasia Avery at Everything Art
is running an
Advent Calendar
event this December.

I made another journal to use for this project,
using up spare paper
from the handmade notebook
I made back in June.


I really enjoyed working
in it for Eliza's Art Jar class.

The cover for the new one uses
a graphic from Shawn Petite.


One signature with
six pieces of paper,
stitched with string,
gives me a journal with 24 pages.

This journal is 4 x 5½ inches,
just slightly smaller than my Art Jar Journal.


I prepped the pages with watered down
white gesso primer
from Daler-Rowney.

To add some base colour,
I used acrylic paints
from Eco Green Crafts
(Orchard & Butternut).


Then I added some Distress Inks
(tattered rose & antique linen).


Kasia suggested gathering
a few key supplies together
& keeping them neat & tidy
& readily accessible,
so I will be using the same Art Box as
yes, you guessed it,
my Art Jar Self-Edition class.

With the previous projects supplies
tidied away & refilled with my new choices.


I will be using watercolour pencils
by Faber-Castell.

I have also selected some design tape
from Tim Holtz to include
& a small Tando Creative mask
called "Criss Cross".


If you would like to join in,
registration for this free class
closes on 5th December 2018.