Search this blog

13 February 2016

On point

The Alpha Challenge at The Craft Barn is a year long creative challenge,
using a letter from the alphabet every two weeks as inspiration. 

The next letter (as it is not being done in alphabetical order) is
F
& this time, we must include a heart
in addition to the definition of our chosen word.

I am making a set of Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) for this challenge.


Following my theme this year, I have chosen the word
Flexible.

We should be flexible in our thinking, adapting to new situations
& improvising when we come across different types of challenges.


The image of the ballerina is from The Graphics Fairy.

I chose her as she was forming a heart shape with her arms & hands,
& she needs to be flexible to dance ballet.

I have given her a little pink heart.


The butterfly is from a collage sheet included in this month's BGU Soul School class.

The patterned paper is by K & Company.

This ATC will have a place in my Art Journal for Week 6.

14 comments:

  1. This works into your scheme of things so well. Sweet, sweet ATC. Love her in black & white with the color pattern paper and the little gem heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great c!ard! I love how you interpreted the word

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great word, and image - love the overall composition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't she lovely! Great choice of word and image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful ATC. The image is adorable.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the background and your cute fairy ballerina. Lovely. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm REALLY late and know it, but I simply had to visit, even though the next CB challenge has already been posted. Before I saw your word of choice, I thought what an adorable fairy. But I am even MORE impressed with your word flexible, because it truly stays with your choice of themes. I love the little girl, but I also ADORE that background paper that makes your ballerina stick out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever way to incorporate that heart! I love this little ballerina, she is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great collage and a really inspired choice of word x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for all your lovely comments & apologies to Lynn (gardenpinks) whose comment I managed to delete instead of publishing. She said

    "A very clever use of the word and love the way you have depicted it."

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your atc, great image and great thinking of the arms forming a heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is gorgeous, love your ATC, perfect for The Craft Barn Alpha/Dictionary Challenge, thank you for joining in!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Playing catch up here! Great word choice and beautiful ATC! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great choice of word and your delightful little ballerina fits it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete