Search this blog

30 January 2016

Let me think ...

This is my Artist Trading Card (ATC) for The Craft Barn Alpha Challenge.

The next letter is Q.

The letter Q is always is a tough one,
especially when you are working with a theme.


Throughout this year I am focusing on the word Resilience for my art projects.

One of the aspects of this is to understand your thought patterns when you face a challenge.


When faced with a challenge, you can react in a variety of ways,
so you should train your thinking to focus on the solution,
thus reducing stress & anxiety.

Whilst you cannot control some situations or events,
you can learn to control how you react to them.


These words were cut out from an old book that I use for my art projects.

 The patterned paper is by K & Company
from their K-ology Addison range.

The image of the girl is from Lisa's Altered Art.

This ATC will have place in my Art Journal for Week 4.

9 comments:

  1. You chose a great word. I would have thought that so difficult to illustrate, but you came up with a purely delightful illustration! I like those papers too. What a good idea to have a book to chop words from. I'm off to find one of those for myself! Thanks for that awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is going to be tough to maintain your theme throughout the entire alphabet, but you have created a wonderful entry. I was impressed with the image and the words. I often use old books to find words I need, but they are usually much smaller than yours. This is a great ATC and I like that you took time to round the corners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She does look as if she is having a good think about her situation! It's a great image for your word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great word choice daisy and she does indeed look as if she is in one!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous piece and love the imagery, a good word choice x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your image is perfect for your chosen word. A fabulous atc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the background, love your girl, love that little ripped strip of matching paper. Lovely. Hugz

    ReplyDelete