Search this blog

12 May 2013

The Key

The Craft Barn has revealed the next letter in the
which runs throughout 2013.

The next alpha is K & I selected Key as my word.

As the definition given was so large I wanted to make it the feature of the tag,
without overwhelming it,
so I used an image transfer technique, using double sided adhesive.


The transferred ink is sandwiched between the patterned paper covering the tag & the vellum.


You can see the floral patterned paper & read the words through the vellum.


This is the reverse side, together with another part of the definition.


I have used patterned papers Life's Journey Pansy by K & Company,
silk screen printed vellum by Papermania,
a key image cut from one of Tim Holtz's old printed paper collections
& Distress Ink (antique linen).

I am creating a tag for each letter of the alphabet & you can see more detail here.

25 comments:

  1. Lovely work again Daisy. I was thinking of Key too! I have several suitable stamps - I think there might be a few this time lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tag. Love the look of the text and PP through the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from The Craft Barn - this is such a lovely idea. The vellum & the key on the reverse too, is all so lovely :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, love the tag! Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab tag, love the back and the big key

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great idea! love your tag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool tag, both sides. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great tag, I like both sides.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An excellant idea Daisy, wish i had thought of that for my print page as the definition was so long too!
    Your tag is supe,I especially love the layers one sees...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just started blogging and I hope to join in with the alpha challenge - love your key and the whole tag! Julie Ann x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Making tags is a great idea and this is a lovely example. I love the effect of the image under the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great work! Love the way you've transferred the dictionary definition with the floral background!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How clever you are -- I need to learn how to do this technique. Beautifully done - I love it!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another key! Great tag - love the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab tag Daisy...both sides are lovely ....funny....I chose key too!! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it, great use of vellum :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful tag, love the use of the definition on one side and the key with the smaller definition on the other.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just love both sides of your tag! Wish I'd done something similar instead of using a dictionary which won't last out the challenge in one piece, I fear!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  19. How pretty, love the double sided approach to your project - and such a clever technique too. MMx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it! I think "key" is going to be popular!
    Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete