Search this blog

26 December 2012

Wonders of Nature

I am ending the year with details of a long term project that I have been working on.

my Wonders
of
Nature Journal

Last year I bought an old book from a charity shop to make into a journal.
The book is The Wonders of Nature by C F Tunnicliffe.


To enable me to add dimensional elements to the journal pages,
I cut away the spine & punched three holes into the cover & each page.

I edged the covers with crocheted lace ribbon by American Crafts,

The journal is held together with three silver coloured book rings,
which need a few ribbons & fibres tied to them.


To create each new journal page, I glued six pages together.
I covered each page with Vintage paper by Hot Off The Press
& created my own hole protectors to co-ordinate.
Each page is turned using a butterfly tab.

I decided that this journal would be used to collect & publish my Haiku poems,
which are usually nature based, thus highlighting the theme of the original book.


The tags added in throughout the journal will hold secret notes,
hidden journalling, adding visual interest & an interactive element.


As there are so many photographs to look at, I recommend clicking on any of the photographs to open up the image library in a new window, then you can view each image in turn.

I hope you enjoy this glimpse into my
Wonders of Nature Journal.







































There are many spaces left to fill as & when new Haiku poems are composed.

I used rub ons & stickers by Kaisercraft from Merly Impressions
& dew drops by The Robin's Nest.


The spine, also edged with the crocheted lace ribbon, is now a bookmark
& I have saved a few of the original pages to incorporate into the journal.

A work in progress ...