Search this blog

03 October 2012

Autumn Past

Autumn is a time of change, the nights start drawing in, crisp frosty mornings are not too far away & all the green leaves on the trees gradually begin to change colour through yellows, reds & bronze before turning brown & falling to the ground.

I am revisiting a card I made back in 2008, which encapsulates all that Autumn means to me.

* * * * * * * * *

So I took a walk outside & found a wonderful leaf,
fallen from it's tree & blown into our garden.
This was my inspiration. I made an image of the leaf,
using a piece of plain white paper & a brown watercolour pencil,
in the same way you would take a brass rubbing.

I scanned the image into the computer.
Then I adjusted the size & made eight copies of the image.

I printed the images onto Shabby Princess Harvest Spice papers.
I cut out the leaves, edging them with Distress Ink (walnut stain)
& shaped them using an embossing tool.


As the leaf had been my inspiration, the word Inspire seemed appropriate.
The gold card embossed word is by Hot Off The Press.

I used silicone glue to give the card dimension
& the feeling of falling Autumn leaves.


The background paper is from the same range,
edged with a Krylon 18ct gold leafing pen.
Finally I tied gold metallic thread around the card.


Here is a photograph of my inspirational leaf next to the finished card.



* * * * * * * * *

I hope you enjoyed this look back at Autumn past with me.