Search this blog

16 April 2010

Eastern Promise

I love blog hopping & yesterday Jo's blog lead me to Chris Rowe's blog to her template challenge - how could I resist?

So today I sat down to play & decided to use the beautiful image provided for this week's challenge on Art Creations Friday.



I used a small box canvas 4 inches high x 3 inches wide. I base coated the canvas with gold acrylic paint. Once the base coat was dry, I added Distress crackle paint (antique linen) & whilst wet, I sprinkled Perfect Pearls powder over the top. When the paint had dried, I lightly swept over the paint to buff the Perfect Pearls.



I designed some papers to match the image & printed them out together with the image. I layered various elements over the base template & cut the doors. I mounted the frame over the image using 3d foam, so the doors could open & close. I added a little silver Stickles over the grey paper elements & gold Stickles over the gold paper elements.


For the finishing touches, I rubbed gold Stickles over the canvas, wrapped pale silvery blue ribbon around the canvas & added pearls on the door.



15 comments:

  1. Love what you've done here, Daisy. I'm impressed you design your own paper! Good to see you didn't 'blow the bloody doors off' like I did;)

    Jo
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL

    Thanks Jo. I really enjoyed making this today, so thanks again for the link to Chris' challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. j'aime beaucoup votre création , le relief est une très bonne idée ! Bravo!
    Mary.KG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a lovely piece of art you've done with that lovely image! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh this is beautiful.
    Fantastic idea and lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful canvas daisy. Love the image that you have used. Love it all actually!! S xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daisy I just adore what you have done with the template :D
    You used it so wonderfully with that beautiful image... it looks simply magicat!!
    Thanks so much for joining in with the challenge :D
    hugs
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. fANtastic Daisy, love it

    you did chris' template proud

    chriss x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow what a great work, lovely details.
    ugs Pia

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW this is fabulous Daisy!

    ReplyDelete