Search this blog

16 April 2010

Eastern Promise

I love blog hopping & yesterday Jo's blog lead me to Chris Rowe's blog to her template challenge - how could I resist?

So today I sat down to play & decided to use the beautiful image provided for this week's challenge on Art Creations Friday.



I used a small box canvas 4 inches high x 3 inches wide. I base coated the canvas with gold acrylic paint. Once the base coat was dry, I added Distress crackle paint (antique linen) & whilst wet, I sprinkled Perfect Pearls powder over the top. When the paint had dried, I lightly swept over the paint to buff the Perfect Pearls.



I designed some papers to match the image & printed them out together with the image. I layered various elements over the base template & cut the doors. I mounted the frame over the image using 3d foam, so the doors could open & close. I added a little silver Stickles over the grey paper elements & gold Stickles over the gold paper elements.


For the finishing touches, I rubbed gold Stickles over the canvas, wrapped pale silvery blue ribbon around the canvas & added pearls on the door.