Search this blog

23 August 2017

Just One Word


Week 33 on the Wanderlust online course
 & Kasia Avery was encouraging us to reuse old boxes & paper,
to create a One Word Box project.

Each month we choose a word for that month
& make a small card which goes in the box.

Simple.

The box I used for my project was
an empty extra long match box.


I coated the outside with white gesso.
It took several coats to cover up the graphics.

While this was drying,
I cut my monthly cards, using offcuts of some resist motif
12x12 inch cardstock by Tim Holtz.


To fit inside my box & to leave room around the edges,
mine were 5.5 cm wide & 8.5 cm in length.
They are about the size of a gift card.

I rounded off the corners
& punched a small hole in the top of each one.

I made my card for the month,
again using little scraps of leftover papers
& stamped my word "begin".


I have begun to work on the top of the box,
using a tag that I found on my desk,
some loose cotton threads,
buttons & some Art Glitter Fantasy Fiber
(which I had forgotten that I had until Jamie's lesson from the same week).


The three hearts were from the air dry clay lesson from week 25
& were still sitting on my desk.

So I have begun
& that's always the most important place to start,
don't you think?