Search this blog

18 August 2017

Calm


The second challenge for #ITAC2017 was to create a piece of artwork,
using whatever format or techniques we wanted,
taking inspiration from Asia
& to include one or more of the following;

mandala inspired motifs
geometric shapes
tiles
flowers from the region
calligraphy or handwriting
faded or dyed fabric
powered pigments

Throughout this tournament
I will be working in a small handmade paper book.


My thoughts went to calming mediation,
breathing in & breathing out,
to fresh air,
blue skies,
& delicate flowers.

So in this rather crazy, mad world of today,
join me & take a few moments of quiet contemplation,
to focus on what is important to you,
on the good, the brave & the beautiful.

My piece is entitled

Calm


I decided to create a small collage piece,
using images found in a magazine of
cherry blossom in Japan,
a fabric sample,
& tiles.


I also used handmade washi-style tape
& a small charm.