Search this blog

27 February 2017

Start where you are


This week's Art Journal page is inspired by one of the Wanderlust activities.


Eliza Trojanowska challenged us to find a random quote that resonated with us.

After a few tries, I found this quotation by Arthur Ashe

Start where you are.
Use what you have.
Do what you can.

Sounds like a very apt motto to me.



The base of this week's page is Tim Holtz Idea-ology white cardstock.
This piece has arrow resist motifs.

It was a reject for a earlier experiment that didn't quite go to plan,
but a quick coat of white gesso gave me a clean base to start again.


I added Ranger's Texture Paste through a Tim Holtz stencil (Flourish).


Once this had set hard, I added Gelatos & Distress Crayons,
Perfect Pearls (Heirloom Gold) & a multitude of pen lines around the edges.

The white arrow resists are just showing in this corner.

There was some Distress Ink (peeled paint) as well.


The paintbrush was wrapped in gold coloured beading wire,
metallic gold & hessian threads,
orange sewing cotton & a piece of blue fibre.


I have tried to capture the different textures & layers in these photographs.